What is Alma?
Alma is a search portal for Åbo Akademi University Library and Archieves. It includes material from:
- Åbo Akademi University Library
- Åbo Akademi Picture Collections
- Cultura - Åbo Akademi University Archive of Folk Life and Traditions
- Archive of Art History
- Sibelius Museum Archive
- Maritime Institute
What can I find in Alma?
Using Alma you can find i.e.:
- Books and e-books
- Publications, in printed as well as electronic form
- Articles in most licensed databases subscribed by Åbo Akademi University Library
- The contents in most of the licensed databases that the library offers
- Articles, theses, dissertations and more in Open Access databases
- Cultural heritage material from the Åbo Akademi University archives
When should I use Alma?
Use the search service Alma to easily search both printed and e-materials at the same time. Alma offers a broad entry and an overview to information resources accessible at Åbo Akademi University. View the search results according to your needs. The results are presented in a tabbed view according to the type of material:
- Library and arhives shows printed books and e-materials in the library catalogue and material from the archieves
- Arhives only shows material from the Åbo Akademi University archieves
- E-material (PCI) shows mainly articles from licensed databases, but also Open Access material
- Repository Library shows material from the Repository Library that can be requested and sent to the Book Tower (prev. the Main Library) (chargeable)
For more specific searching it can alse be recommended to use the database's own interface. Use the search box to search for the database or scroll databases in the list of databases .
Use Alma in order to i.e.:
- get an overview of publications in a certain field of study
- locate a certain article
- locate a certain journal, printed or electronic
- locate a certain archival item