Universal Borrowing is a service where staff and students of Åbo Akademi University and Novia can request books from the National Repository Library in Kuopio.
- The cost is 4 € per item (items not picked up are also charged)
- Available for pick up at Book Tower usually in 2–3 working days
- Article copies from the Repository Library, which are free of charge, are requested through interlibrary services
Follow your requests in Universial Borrowing Requests. You can cancel your requests by choosing ”Cancel Selected Universal Borrowing Requests”. You can renew your UB loans up to ten times.
Other library users can request books from the National Repository Library through interlibrary services.
- Log in
- Choose the tab Repository Library in Kuopio
- Make a search
- Click on the item title and check that it's available. Only available items can be requested (items already out cannot be reserved).
- Click on ”Place a Universal Borrowing Request (Fee 4 €)”
- Confirm your request by clicking ”Place Request”. You'll receive a message when the item is ready for pick up.